South Siberia: One day trip to the "Old Believers" settlement.
The tour starts in Ulan-Ude city. After breakfast group members are picked up by the guide and driver in
a toyota minibus and drive out 70 km to the semeyskoye, or "Old Believer" settlement - one of the oldest
The village consists of small wooden houses with brightly-painted shutters and carved ornamentation inhabited by
descendants of persons exiled to Siberia in the 17the Century after refusing to accept various Russian
Orthodox Church reforms.
Upon arrival visit a house of the local family, see the special meeting folklore show, listen to the old
songs and stories of native people about the history, habits and culture of 'old believers'. After a lunch of
traditional "semeyskoye" cuisine accompanied by folk music, group members return to Ulan-Ude.
• soup 'borsh'
• boiled potato fried with fat
• marinated mushrooms
• salad out of vegetables
• suer-kraut / pickled cabbage
• cranberry pie
• traditional fruit-drink and kvas
The tour is possible all year round. The duration of the program is 4-5 hours. According to your request the tour can
be started at any time from 08:00 till 17:00 o'clock.
Cost ($ US) per Person:
• Ground Transport: minibus to/from B.Kunaley/Ulan-Ude
• Guides: english-speaking guide to accompany group at all times
• Meals: lunch
• Activities: tours and visits as specified in itinerary
• Permits & Admission Fees: for access to special areas and sites
You can ask a question or reserve the trip at our request form page.